THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Literature Gives Me Headache


oH MY gOD!

I've been really stressful for what have been going on this semester. Facing six subjects ain't just easy. At first, i thought by taking American Literature 1 and 20th Century and Contemporary Literature would not give me so much headache. But I turned up to be a mess. Really messed up.
Doing American Literature wasn't that bad. We learned Washington Irving's fascinating two short stories, 4 poems of Anne Bradstreet, a Puritan in the 1600, Native Americans' Creation Stories as well as Nathaniel Hawthorne's Anti-Transcendentalism novel, The SCARLET LETTER. The class was interesting enough by having a crazy funny and cheerful but strict-in-marking lecturer. I definitely enjoyed the class (proven by the attendance). But as for 20th Century Literature, gosh! i had the worst nightmare ever going to that class. It's not just the syllabus: more than 15 poems and 10 poets from different eras were needed to be learned and 2 novels and 2 short stories and 2 plays, but the class was just daym boring! Imagine the only one who was speaking in the class was only the lecturer. Well, no doubt that she is daym hell good in the subject. Really good. Her knowledge? Tip tOP! But by just having a one-way communication wasn't helping the students to understand much on the topics. The 20th Century Lit subject as a whole, didn't give me much good response to like the literary works. Hmmm people might think I'm not appreciating literature and the family. But I don't give a shit on that as I think I see my future in linguistics. And I think I have done well in that field.
So basically, if the subject is really a master piece, it won't be really seen as great if the message is not delivered well.
To all literature lovers, please don't hate me. or you can just hate me. It's up to you. I would be very happy and in love with literature if I wanted to. There you are. I'm just not that into it. Full stop.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry, I don't hate you :)

Febrina Zakaria said...

Haha thanks. btw who's this ya?